· Background Hound collects personal information when you purchase from Background
Hound, when you use Background Hound products or services. Background Hound may
combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business
partners or other companies.
· When you purchase services or contact us, we ask for information such as your name,
email address, birth date, gender, zip code, occupation, industry, and personal interests.
For some services we may also ask for your address and Social Security number. Once
you purchase and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
· Background Hound collects information about your transactions with us.
· Background Hound automatically receives and records information on our server logs from
your browser, including your IP address, Yahoo! cookie information, and the page you
· Background Hound uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the
advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our
services and contact you.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
· Background Hound does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other
people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you've
requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
· We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Background
Hound under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal
information to help Background Hound communicate with you about offers from
Background Hound and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have
any independent right to share this information.
· We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our
legal rights or defend against legal claims;
· We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take
action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to
otherwise required by law.
· We transfer information about you if Background Hound is acquired by or merged with
another company. In this event, Background Hound will notify you before information about
· Background Hound displays targeted advertisements based on personal information.
Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with,
view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria - for example, women ages 18-24
from a particular geographic area.
· Background Hound does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you
interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are
consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the
targeting criteria used to display the ad.
· We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe
reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services
to you or in order to do their jobs.
· We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal
regulations to protect personal information about you.
· Background Hound may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in
the way we treat accounts by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
· If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us at:
Background Hound, LLC
P.O. Box 20875
Baltimore, MD 21209
Effective Date: September 20, 2005